Monday 28 April 2014

1920's Hair and Make Up Look!

Hey there!

Today while the kids and other half were out I had a bit of time to try out a 1920's hair and make up look.

I was inspired by the film 'The Great Gatsby' which is a visual feast.. freakin' love that film!

Anyway here's the look I did, I used all drugstore affordable make up :)


Eyes -
Firstly I used a collection jumbo eye pencil all over the lid and under the eye and smudged any harsh lines.
I then used a Sleek make up palette called 'Oh so special' and used 'Celebrate' colour all over the lid and into the crease.
I then blended 'boxed' into the crease and towards the brow and finished with 'the mail' towards the eye brow to give a nice gradual colour.

Eyebrows - I used 'boxed' to fill in my eyebrows and extended the tail to enhance the typical 'sad' look from the 1920's

Face - I used Revlon Photoready foundation in 'vanilla' then set with ELF HD translucent powder to set. I used a bright pink Make Up Academy blusher (can't find the name) on the cheekbones.

Lips - I lined my lips with a black eyeliner and then filled with a Barry M deep red lipstick. I made sure not to take the colour all the way to outer corner of the lips as I wanted a 'pouty' look.




Hair -

My hair is normally past my shoulders but for this look I halved my hair into 2 sections from ear to ear and twisted and pinned the bottom section into a mini bun. 

I then curled all the top section and pinned it into the bun to give the rounded 'bob' look.. I also added a headband which was very flapperish that I picked up in primark for around £1!

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this post and feel free to leave a comment with any questions or just to say Hi!

Until next time..

Carly x



No comments:

Post a Comment